Generally speaking, in the dry season, bugs aren’t bad, but mossies do love fresh blood! Please bring repellent and antihistamines. During the rainy season, the bugs are bad – even for us!
Are you guaranteed to see wildlife / catch fish?
Expeditions are to places where we have found and observed wildlife before (that’s why we keep going back!). It must be remembered that the “wild” in “wildlife” is precisely what makes it so special and specific animal sightings can never be guaranteed. However, the biodiversity of the area is so rich that all visitors go home with special memories, experiences and have the brag photos to prove it!
What is included?
- All meals
- Non alcoholic beverages
- Highly trained and experienced English speaking guides
- Camp equipment (hammocks, tarps, ropes, etc)
- Full first aid kit
- All internal and external flights and travel to point of departure for river trips
- Accommodation at hotels and lodges prior and post trip
What should I bring?
- Camera and film
- Insect repellent containing deet
- Long sleeved shirt and long pants
- Sturdy walking boots
- Torchlight and spare batteries (headlamps are very useful)
- Rain coat (some people find an umbrella useful as a sun shade as well!)
- Pocket knife
- All fishing equipment and terminal tackle
- Personal first aid kit and antihistamine cream
If possible, please keep your luggage weight to a maximum of 40lbs. Remember, you’ve got to carry it!
This is a way of showing appreciation of the services provided. After all our hard work, we do appreciate it!